Dr. Maja Bogataj Jančič on the podcast Intelekta
Whose rights will suffer because of the fight for intellectual property? Learn more on yesterday’s podcast Intelekta, on which dr. Maja Bogataj Jančič talked about the good and the bad things the Directive on copyright in the Digital Single Market will bring.
Beside her, the following persons took part of the podcast:
– the National Messenger of Digital Technology, dr. Marko Grobelnik, presented from a technological perspective, in which phase of development are the filters that Article 13 will introduce,
– Dimi Dimitrov, representative of Wikimedia in Brussels, who talked about the impact of the Directive on Wikipedia and the dissemination of knowledge,
– Diego Naranjo, senior policy advisor at EDRI, who was critical towards the negative implications of the Directive on the users,
– Gregor Štibernik, director of the institute AIPA, who is in favour of the adoption of Article 14, and
– Urša Menart, the president of the Directors Guild of Slovenia, who supports the Directive.
At the end, MEPs Igor Šoltes, who will vote against the Directive, and Franc Bogovič, who will vote for the Directive as it is, also presented their views.
You are invited to listen to the podcast!
Invitation to the event “Get to Know – Support for Introducing Principles of Open Science in Slovenia”
Discussion on the Slovenian aspects of introducing the principles of open science will take place at the 1st national event of the project “GET TO KNOW – Support in Introducing Principles of Open Science in Slovenia”, which will be held on Thursday, October 5, 2023, from 9:00 to 15:00 in the atrium of ZRC SAZU, Novi trg 2, 1000 Ljubljana.
On September 16, 2023, Dr. Maja Bogataj Jančič participated in the event @Re:Source MAH – the 10th International Conference on Histories of Media Art, Science and Technology. The program was divided into various categories (“tracks”), specifically focusing on the documentation and preservation of media arts; climate change; pioneers of media arts; and the history of media arts in museums.
The U.S. Copyright Office has once again denied the registration of an artwork created by artificial intelligence. Artist Jason M. Allen was unsuccessful in his second attempt to register the artwork “Theatre D’opera Spatial” as a copyrighted work because it contains more than a de minimis amount of content generated by artificial intelligence (AI).
On Friday 23 June 2023, a webinar entitled “Copyright and Legal Basis for Generative Artificial Intelligence Training” was held as the inaugural event of an informal research network in the region in the field of copyright. Researchers from Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and North Macedonia participated in the event, which is part of the national Open Knowledge Day initiative and the national and regional coordination activities carried out by ODIPI under the auspices of Knowledge Rights 21.